- At least two males and two females
- Minimum of seven players per team
- Maximum of 10 players per team, maximum of 3 varsity players
- All team names are subject to approval and must not contain language deemed inappropriate. Teams found in violation of this rule, will not be allowed to re-submit rosters.
- Spartan Stadium
- Schedule to be finalized after registration (Sunday-Thursday)
- For more information contact Bo McDougall firstname.lastname@example.org
Flag Football Rules:
1. A coin toss determines first possession or rock paper scissors.
2. The offensive team takes possession of the ball at its 5-yard line and has three plays to cross midfield. Once a team crosses midfield, it has three plays to score a touchdown. If the offense fails to score, the ball changes possession and the new offensive team takes over on its 5-yard line.
3. Games are 7 vs 7 and Games will be played cross field.
4. All possession changes, except interceptions, start on the offense’s 5-yard line.
5. Interceptions may be returned.
6. Teams change sides after the first 20 minutes.
Players / Timing
1. Teams must field a minimum of six players at all times. Teams consist of 10 players – seven on the field, with three substitutes. No more than 3 varsity football players on any one team.
2. Games are played to 40 minutes running time. 2/20 minute halves with a 5 minute half time.
3. Officials can stop the clock at their discretion.
4. Substitutions may be made on any dead ball.
Touchdown: 6 points Extra point: 1 point (played from 5-yard line) or 2 points (played from 10-yard line) Safety: 2 points
The quarterback cannot run with the ball.
Only direct handoffs behind the line of scrimmage are permitted.
Offense may use multiple handoffs.
The player who takes the handoff can throw the ball from behind the line of scrimmage.
Once the ball has been handed off, all defensive players are eligible to rush.
Defenders may rush quarterback but must give a 5 count and be behind the line of scrimmage.
If the field monitor or referee witnesses any acts of tackling, elbowing, cheap shots, blocking or any unsportsmanlike act, the game will be stopped and the player will be ejected from the game.
FOUL PLAY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
Any player who tackles or “roughs” an opposing player will immediately removed from the game. If it happens again, suspension from all intramural competition for 1 calendar year.
Trash talking is illegal. Officials have the right to determine offensive language. (Trash talk is talk that may be offensive to officials, opposing players, teams or spectators.) If trash talking occurs, the referee will give one warning. If it continues, the player or players will be ejected from the game.
Penalties will be called by the Honor system.
If a decision cannot be agreed upon, the ref will have final say.
Each penalty will be rewarded with 5 yards and an additional down or a loss of down.
Attire Cleats are allowed, except for metal spikes. Inspections may be made.
Note: There are no kickoffs,and no blocking is allowed.